Having made 4 Christmas cards in class this year, yes you hear me correctly - 4 ! lol I am known for not embracing the whole Xmas card making thing, but have to appreciate that other people do like it !
So Decembers projects were not winter related at all.
First there was the box, with candy inside. Couple of things about the flower included the sewing we did to secure everything together and the ribbon rosette we made. The cardstock was die cut into the flower shaped and then crumpled into a ball and rubbed. This made the fibres split and we were able to separate the front from the back of the cardstock. I love how it looks, thin, ragged petals.
SU recipe :
Stamp set : Word play
Cardstock : Cherry cobbler, baja breeze
Accessories : Fun Flower Die, Fancy favor box, vintage faceted button, organza ribbon.
The second project was using the technique called Josephs Technicolor coat, or something similar ? I fell in love with this technique when I first saw it and it always amazes me when I do it as the end result is always different and original. To to the technique you sponge the background cardstock, then stamp images with versamark and clear emboss it. Then sponge with a darker color, early espresso in this instance. As you sponge and the pattern materialises, where the embossing powder resists the espresso ink, its like magic.
SU recipe :
Stamp set : French foliage
Cardstock : Very vanilla, early espresso, summer starfruit
Ink : Early espresso, certain celery, summer starfruit, pumpkin pie and bravo burgundy
Assessories : Top note die, Woodgrain embossing folder, ribbon slide, summer starfruit ribbon
Post a Comment
Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)