Monday, May 27, 2013

IN LOVE with stamp set - help !

I had seen a few samples using Dyan Reaveley's new couture stamps, and I thought they looked ok, maybe I'd tack them onto the end of my (extensive) wish list ! But then ...... I happened to spot them in a craft store ...... So I bought them ...... and haven't stopped using them since ! lol It was a pleasant surprise actually, as this really isn't my style.

They are fantastic to work with, I was doubtful I would like silicone stamps - but I do, I do ! The best thing about them is how well you can paper piece them. I had so much fun selecting papers and then highlighting and shading with my gelatos. The hats are so much fun.

The background was gesso'd and then painted with acrylic paints and a baby wipe. I stamped randomly with a background stamp, using molding paste with a stencil and a edge stamp I picked up on sale - woo hooo :-)

The meaning behind the page is about being anonymous, unknown and unacknowledged. We all feel like this sometimes, but at the moment, thats me in the grey dress with her back to you. I just want to be left alone.

Someone said I always put so much significance and hidden meaning into my pages, I guess I do, but isn't that the point of crafting in a book that is meant for you, its a way to sort your feeling and emotions and represent them in a meaningful way to you. It very personal and captures a moment in time, same as a photo, or a smell.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)