Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Personalised Birthday

One of the fun things about being a crafter is being able to personalise cards and other projects for gifts. A friend asked me to make a special art card for a male relative. He is apparently a 'man about town', quite chic and arty. We discussed the card and decided on a layout scraplifted from an atc I had made.

The resulting card is :

The male image actually came out really well. I sprayed the background with Dylusions sprays on a good quality, flat water color paper. I also sprayed one of the Dylusions stencils, Bert, with similar colors. I then lifted the inked Bert stencil and laid it wet side down on top of the sprayed background. I pressed it and then lifted the stencil from right to left. Some of the ink ink lifted and pooled on the left side, giving dimension and interest to my male image. I know, wonderful eh ! lol Took ages to dry by the way and I didn't use a heat tool incase the ink ran.

The letters are die cut from a pti alphabet set, the 50 is from a Tim Holtz die. The rest is doodled, hand written words etc.

The recipient was over the moon, he loved it. R E S U L T ....... lol

Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)