Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Falling for Fall atc

This weeks sponsor at Wicked Wednesday atc challenge blog is Sami Stamps. I used this wonderful image called Acorn in my hand. My atc, which I also entered into the Sami Stamps anything goes challenge 019 :
The background is made by combining gel medium with a payne's grey acrylic paint and applying to the card stock with a palette knife. I love the texture and its so malleable, it wont crack easily. Whilst it was still wet I added some Spampendous yumminess .... Rose color fragments and pearlised mica fragments. They are so wonderful, and I love the effect of leaves on the ground and floating in the air. I took a pic with the light reflecting off the mica - stunning isn't it. You can see the background texture more clearly here too.

My image is colored with copics, and I added glitter to her wings with my wink of stella pen. Her shirt was paper pieced and then colored to match her pants. You can just see the pattern through the pink. I fussy cut her and glued her to my atc.

I didnt want to add too much to this atc, to me it felt like more of a work of art, it was very serene and atmospheric. I liked it a lot. So I didn't mat it, doodle on it or add any more detail  or sentiment- I liked it just as is.

Thanks for stopping by, maybe go and play in the atc challenge this week - if you have a little time, why not ?

Ciao for now x

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, I think you were right to leave it as it was..
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that Mica looks so gorgeous with the light on it! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ATC! Love the background you created for this beauty! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Sami Stamps.
    Ruza ~ SS-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the great texture on this! Awesome creation!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sami Stamps!!
    <3 Emily L.-DT

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)