Saturday, July 26, 2014

Dr Who inspired atc

For a recent Stampotique atc trade we did the title of 'Outside the box'. I am a long time Dr Who fan and would love to be the Drs travelling companion, so it made sense to do an atc to depict this :
 Mothloved it looking longingly at the tardis ...She's outside wishing she was inside ...

The background was done with gelatos and then the image embossed with black embossing powder. I painted the arms and neck in a thinned coat of acrylic paint so you could see them. I stamped the thought bubble in brown ink and added white detail. Then I made a gel skin : I printed the image of the tardis from my pc onto white paper. I added a layer of gel medium and let it dry. I then submersed the image into water and carefully rubbed away the backing paper, but the image is stuck to the gel medium. At the end you  have a thin, semi transparent film with the image on. It was really cool. I adhered this into the thought bubble and added a coat of gel medium over the whole thing, stamping circle impressions into the gel when it was nearly dry. I then stamped and fussy cut the face, glued it on top.

This is the back, I doodled and wrote using a signo white gel pen and used Kroma crackle glaze.
Now that was fun ....

Thanks for stopping by, please leave me a comment or subscibe to my blog - thanks x

3 comments:

  1. This looks great Nikki! Love the background and of course quirky image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki, Well what agreat technique, you made a wonderful atc, thanks for sharing how you made it, loads of fun :D Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great ATC, Nikki. Love the 'skin' technique. Must try that sometime !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)