Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Remember to breathe ...

Once I saw these little wooden trees, I knew they would make awesome bronchioles for a mixed media project. So began the creative process of making lungs featuring wooden trees by Southern Ridge Trading Company (Wood-341). I am loving the symbolism of this, the wood and trees being the source of our oxygen. The sentiment is all about how busy and stressful life can be, sometimes we have to remember to slow down and take a breath ...
This is a 6 x 4.25" postcard. I am making my projects this width so I can bind them with my bind-it-all, into a book of positive affirmations and quotes I like. For this project I colored by background with red and orange dylusions. I then sponged red through a stencil and I loved how cell-like it was - if you can see near the Bre of Breathe. I added molding paste through a stencil, old book paper strips and white gesso with my fingers. I drew the lungs to accommodate the trees, then went over them in blue inktense that I then wet with a paintbrush. I adhered the wooden trees with diamond glaze and edged the whole project in white acrylic, with a little green on the book pages. The words were stamped with blue distress ink.

 Hope you find some inspiration here. Please take my advice and 'remember to breathe.....'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)