Monday, September 22, 2014

Altered Playing Card Week 3

Another fun challenge, my Week 3 altered playing cards :
The background of this grungey steam punk card was created with alcohol inks. The color was too dark so I ended up trying to lighten it with my blending solution and totally loved the effect, even more grungey and the gesso started to breakdown a little. The Cogs are from a die set by Memory Box. I die cut them with core'dinations cardstock and sanded them. I decided to incorporate the negative part of my die cut into the design too. I wrote the words 'space and time' and 'The World of imagination is boundless'. I don't do grunge, but I liked making this and was very happy with the result :)
 A fall theme here for my second playing card. The gesso is very textured in the background, and that really shows up when adding distress ink with the blending tool. I used yellow, orange, some brown and green. The bird is a die set from Marianne Design. I die cut it in three colors, brown, yellow and green. I sponged them in co-ordinating darker shades and then layered them onto the green image which I glued down first. Then I added the leaves at the top, a maple lead - gotta show a little Canadian eh ! Lol I did lots of highlighting in burgundy and black Faber Castell artist pitt pens and a white gel pen. I love the sketchy look and the detail added to the bird, it was silhouette previously. I wrote the word 'Fall'.
 I had lots of fun and am looking forward to Challenge number 4 :) Its certainly got me working outside of my normal style. Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)