Friday, February 6, 2015

Love is all around ...

I made some ATC's for a new Mixed Media trade group I joined. This is my first trade, and I had that  nervous butterflies in my stomach sort of feeling. LOL. I hope my trade partners like their ATC's. 
The title of this trade is Arrows, but with Valentines just around the corner, I thought I would include that element too :) The hearts are actually from set HRT-078 from Southern Ridge Trading. I loved how intricate and different they are. I gesso'd them, painted with acrylics and then UTEE'd them. I love the glossy and hard finish, as you can see clearer in this pic :
My initial thinking for this ATC was on a much broader scale, hence the newsprint background. I wanted to say "Contrary to what the media would have us believe ..... Love is all around". I can explain that now on my blog, although it isn't necessarily apparent from looking at the ATC's. So much bad news all the time in the media, but what isn't reported is the good deeds, the love, friendship and goodwill the world over. I wanted to celebrate this more positive aspect of life :)

Always for an ATC trade I make one for myself and the others are traded, in this case three will be mailed. But which one to keep ? Decisions, decisions ... Decided to keep this one :
Thanks for stopping by, Nikki x


2 comments:

  1. Wow these are amazing Nikki! Really striking I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all gorgeous Nikki!!! I'm sure that all the ladies will love your ATC! Looks like a great new ATC swap perfect for your talent :) Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)