Sunday, January 31, 2016

Fright Night

I had originally created this card for the 31 Days of Halloween event held at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. It was so fun to make, and I enjoyed using non-traditional Halloween colors. I loved the background, a sort of aurora borealis, or evening light as dark begins to descend .... 

My make :

For this card I have used all images from Lost Coast Designs. The awesome dude is from The Isle of Aud Creatures and the tree background is a stamp called  Grunge Tree Background.  

I had fun on the background, its made with a water color effect using my Neocolor II's. I used water color paper and spritzed it with water. While it was still wet I held each neocolor close to the paper and used a wet paintbrush to pull the color off the crayon and onto the paper. Because the paper is already wet, the colors move and merge. What I especially love about the neocolors is that when they dry they are permanent so I could add multiple layers onto the paper to add depth and interest.




When it was dry I stamped the tree in brown archival ink, then the creature in black versafine. I colored in any of the detail on his body and darkened him with an artist pitt pen. I then added some shading and depth to my tree with a dark brown marker, and a few white sprinkles of acrylic paint. Finally I edged the card with versamark and embossed it with a dark chocolate embossing powder.

Here is a close up :

Thanks for stopping by, please leave me a comment if you feel inspired :)

 Please come and join us at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity to see our future challenges and events, there's always something fun and inspirational going on over there :)

1 comment:

  1. That background is amazing!! Love the tree, too, but, the old dude is kinda freaky! LOL! I'm going to try that background!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)