Thursday, January 28, 2016

Humorous teeth tag

I made this tag today using one the new fish from Vera Lane Studios, Ocean 11 :


It may seem kind of random, but living in a house of male children this is how my thought process went : I started off wanting the fish to be shouting to the kids with that big wide mouth ..... then I started to colour him and I coloured his teeth brown .... then I though about the battles in my house for cleanliness and teeth cleaning ... and this is the end result ! LOL I know, its kinda random, but I thought his face and expression were perfect for this.

I coloured the background with distress stains. I decided I don't use them enough. I may only have 6, but they are so versatile I can make lots of other colours with them. I got them out, applied them and spritzed with water to make the ink run and blend. I stamped a sea fan lightly in the background, and used a stencil to add some whipped spackle circles. The words were typed on my typewriter.

The fish was resized in word and printed on my ink jet printer. I coloured the fish with my prisma coloured pencils and blended with gamsol - it was sooo fun, and I love the result. I especially love the teeth - don't they look gross ! LOL I fussy cut the fish and glued him in place, adding some white pen around him to make him pop off the page. I added some ribbons and it was it was done. 

I know lots of people have hobbies that we enjoy, well I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed making this, the whole process from start to finish, inking, colouring, cutting etc etc etc. 

Love from, a very happy crafter :)

3 comments:

  1. Just brilliant Nikki, thanks for the link to here! Great blog. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me LOL on the Vera Lane FB page. Hilarious! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! House full of girl-children over here, and I recognize the face & expression!!! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)