Friday, February 12, 2016

Love themed atcs

I am taking part in a love themed atc trade, normally I make three the same, but this month I have been influenced by Julie Steed ... So here's my atcs :

First is inspired by last weeks wanderlust class, which was about zentangle and abstract doodling. This heart is cross hatched, I used a Faber Castell artist Pitt pen and graphite pencil with a blending stub :

                                              

The second is using an image, Lil Love from Vera Lane Studios. She is printed and coloured with copics and I added highlights and details in her hair using a sharpie white acrylic paint pen. 

It is a painted background and I added molding paste through a stencil. When it was dry, I put the stencil back on and used versa mark with white embossing powder to make the swirls stand out more and add some texture/dimension.

Final details included a bit of washi, some hearts and words typed on my typewriter, a little blue edging. I don't know about you, but the words of this Justin Bieber song keep playing in my mind ... Yours now too .... Lol

                                              

This third atc features the image, Two Monkeys, from Carmen's Veranda, with a painted and stencilled background. The hearts are punched and coloured, the other words typed on my typewriter. 

                                               

Finally this is an atc using a vintage nude stamp from Paper Artsy, this has been the cause of great amusement. It's stamped, decopauged, fussy cut, coloured with copics, prismas, sponged in brown and blue embossing powder. I loved adding the hair, isn't she a doll :

                            




2 comments:

  1. Wow love them both Nikki! The cross hatch heart looks great - very artistic! And of course always love what you do with Vera Lane Studio images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go on, you sweet talker! I just have artsy ADD - can' t help myself.

    These are all so awesome. I think a bribe may be in order...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)