Saturday, February 27, 2016

Stampotique Square Challenge

This weeks challenge SDC233 at the Stampotique blog is squares. Corrie is the gorgeous hostess, and she mentions how she uses circles a lot and so she set a square challenge to get out of her comfort zone. I think I use circles and squares about the same amount, but it was fun to use just squares.

My make featuring the gorgeous Winter - her first inking, isn't she gorgeous ? I love the attitude :


For the background I used an acrylic block and distress inks :

I layered the colours, adding a purple and grey after these layers shown above.
I then used whipped spackle through a stencil with square on.

Winter was stamped onto the background in black ink and I sponged her skirt and legs in the same gray ink as the background. Then I stamped her again in black stazon and coloured her with the co-ordinating distress inks, using cut and dry nibs. I fussy cut her, but just the top half of her body, I liked the bottom being darker. Bit more dramatic :) Finally I clear embossed her and adhered her over the same stamped section.

The words 'Square peg in a round hole' were typed on my typewriter, matted onto black card stock and glued in place. Doesn't she look like a bit of a misfit ? 
Proof of Fun is from France's Barcode Text stamp, stamped in black onto white card stock.. 

Finally the front of the card was matted onto black card stock, then onto my 5" x 5" base. Because yes of course, it had to be a square card :)

I am entering this into the challenge this week, always so much inspiration over there at Stampotique, the challenge blog and the facebook group. Its a happy happy happy place to be x\

Thanks for stopping by x

6 comments:

  1. Fab Nikki :)
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this ! Great way of making a background too ! Must remember that one ! lol... Thanks for joining me in my challenge this week ! Appreciate it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had a play with this background technique in a Make & Take last week. Interesting to see how each one turns out differently. Your quote works very well with "Winter"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Nikki. I finally finished my take on this challenge last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card Nikki :)
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique this week :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card for this weeks SDC,winter is one of my fav stamps too.x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)