Sunday, November 20, 2016

Mojo comes back with a little help from Vera Lane Studios

Hello blogland, 
I know my posts have been a little sporadic of late. As creative as many of us are, sometimes it can be a struggle and rather than force it and not enjoy this wonderful hobby of ours, its good to take a little time off. I have had a few months of doing other stuff, with the occasional make. I missed crafting but knew my heart wasn't in it. But, thanks to Janet Klein with her awesome images at Vera Lane Studios ... I am back into the creative process - Yay. Its good to be back :)

Today I would like to share two projects with you, first is a card for a good friends Birthday. Her dress is inspired by the outfit my friend wore at our coffee date. This gorgeous gal is from a set called 'Thinking of you'.  She is coloured with copics and gel pen, and fussy cut. For the card base I used craft card stock and inked up my 4" round gelli plate with white and some residual green acrylic paint. I stamped it onto the card front. The words were stamped from a set by Waltzing Mouse Stamps (sadly closed now), and embossed in silver embossing powder. 


I also made an ATC to recognise all the scaremongering and a lack of acceptance that seems to be all around us right now ... I don't know about you, but it sure feels chaotic to me.


This gorgeous whimsical princess is from a set by Vera Lane Studios called 'Kiss the Frog'.  I coloured her with copics and gel pen and fussy cut her. The background was made with a painted pink acrylic base. I used molding paste and a stencil to add some random texture. Then I applied dark blue ink directly from the stamp pad to pick up the high points and some other random parts. I used Staetler neon markers to add some crazy scribbles. The blue strip behind the gal is a left over piece of a paint chip when I was die cutting icicles. The words are typed on my typewriter, a little colour added to them. 

See how serene and calm she looks - she's not phased at all by all the crap thats going on in the world right now ... Its so hard to know what to believe in the media and especially on social media ... so advice from the princess is to stay calm and keep your dignity.

Look out for more regular makes from now on. 
Thanks for stopping by x


1 comment:

  1. I love them both, Nikki. Love how you've incorporated a memory into your birthday card for your friend.

    And as for our chaotic world - this ATC says it all!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)