Friday, January 9, 2015

Altered Playing Card Week 15

Week 15, this week was fun, out came my unusual, interesting and fun characters :)

The first APC uses one of the awesome gals from Doodles Dolls 1 Set :
Here is a close up of her and you can more clearly see the background :
The playing card was lightly gesso'd and I intentionally missed a few areas. Then I used crackle paste and a stencil, then dylusions inks in blue and spiced marmalade. The girl was stamped in mulberry momento ink and colored with copics, white and black gel pen. I used this cool new rotary stamp from Stampin' Up! for the words. I liked this APC, its groovy :)

For the second APC I used Tree Topper from Stampotique :
This background was fun, its gesso'd, then I used black gesso for the hearts. When that was dry I used pink dylusions, when it was dry I ghosted it with the heart stencil and a fine mist of water. Left it for a few seconds and removed the ink from the ghosted areas. Then I sprayed red. Let that dry and white over the top. Look how it all ran into each other - Loved that marbelled look.

I stamped and embossed the circles and swirl with pearl embossing powder and added the words, which are from a set by Waltzing Mouse Stamps (WMS), Frame It. WMS have awesome sentiment sets, I often find just what I am looking for there. Tree Topper is colored with copics and white gel pen. I added crystal effect to the heart.

And thats it, another week of APC's completed. Loving this weekly challenge, its so much fun. 
A final view of both of week 15's APC's :





3 comments:

  1. Saw the party girl on the LCD blog.. Love her, love the colours ! Great job Nikki ! The little angel is great too, one of my fave Stampotique stamps....
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really nice, love the stamps you've used too. That girl stamp is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these Nikki! Fantastic cards! Especially love the LCD one - great stamp and I love the background!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)