Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Altered Playing Card Week 17

Claudine Criners Altered Playing Card Challenge (APC) is more than half way through now - yikes. I am really enjoying it and will be sad when its over. I find myself slowing down, to make it last longer. LOL At least that's my excuse because I am a few weeks behind ;)

Here are my Week 17 creations :
 For the first APC I used Scribbly Birds by Dina Wakley for Ranger. I stamped the bird onto old book paper in archival ink. I then added a layer of acrylic ground for pastels, which dries clear and creates a fantastic scratchy surface to add wet medium to. When it was dry, I used my inktense pencils to color him, then a layer of clear embossing powder. The sentiment is from a stamp set by Crafty Secrets called Bird Notes. I added the little heart x I used a lot of thick gloss gel medium on my background, you can see it a little bit in the pic, it adds a lot of yummy texture.
 For my second APC I used this near little bird from a Hero Arts set, colored with inktense pencils on water color paper. The bird has been altered slightly as I wanted her to walk proudly upright, she is, after all strutting her stuff in her peacock feather head dress :) The feathers and wording are from a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp called Vivienne.
Another fun week of APC creations - feels so good to be making something for myself. Hugs, Nikki x

4 comments:

  1. love it how you stamped the bird on old book paper, gives it so much extra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you do! Wonderful ATCs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are brilliant Nikki, I love your colours and humour :D Gay x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)