Friday, September 25, 2015

Harvest Moon ATC

A great September topic for our local ATC trade, Harvest Moon.

Here is my creation :

I created the background with Dylusions paints and a sponge, then edged it in black stazon ink and used my stencilling brush to add the white highlights across the centre of the ATC. The image is from a set by Stampscapes Symmetry Sheet Set #1, called 'Suns and Moons'. It is amongst my favourite stamp sets, but I am quite the fan of all things lunar.

I stamped the moon in navy blue ink, then sponged it lightly with wild honey distress ink, adding some tea dye around the edges. I lightly colored the lips with Victorian Velvet and used my white gel pen to whiten the eyes. I then embossed the moon in a couple of layers of clear gloss embossing powder and adhered it to the ATC front.

The wording 'Over the moon' is done with Tim's alpha stickers.

I really liked how this turned out, the flat matt background against the glossy moon is so great in real life.

Hope my recipients like them :) 
Thanks for stopping by x


2 comments:

  1. WOW, Nikki! Love, love, love this! I am pretty sure one of the recipients won't appreciate this. You'd better send it to me instead. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)