Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February crafts

Each month I demonstrate new techniques, colour combinations, tools, styles etc. The monthly craft groups are now officially half way through their 8-month commitment so I wanted to recap on how much we'd achieved so far. I was amazed at how long my list was getting ! Some members of the group are seasoned crafters, others are quite new to the hobby, so I try each month to satisfy both :-) To my knowledge everyone is having fun, it really is quite the social event, and I dont know about them, but I really look forward to it each month.

Februarys cards :

This card is inspired by the red bandanas that many of us have. My dragon boat team wore these one year for a festival and we all looked pretty dapper I have to say !

SU Recipe :
Stamp set : Fresh Vintage, thank you kindly
Cardstock : Basic black, poppy parade, whisper white
Ink : Black
Punches : Scallop oval
Other embelishments : White gel pen, crimper

For my second card, my upline was at the Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference in January and brought back a selection of cards. I fell totally in love with one of them and decided to case it for my stampers groups. I loved how the colours worked so well together - I never would have thought to match up rich razzleberry with red, yellow and green ! I had to do some improvising as I didn't have some of the dies and punches, but then I added further embelishments, including the pins and tag. Hope you like it :-)



SU Recipe :
Stamp set : Mixed bunch, Fabulous phrases
Cardstock : Certain celery, rich razzleberry, whisper white, poppy parade, pocketful of posies designer series paper
Ink : Wild wasabi, poppy parade, daffodil delight
Punches : Decorative label, blossom, scallop circle, boho blossom, jewellry tag
Other embelishments : Daffodil delight 1/4" grossgrain ribbon, hat pin, brights button, hemp twine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)