Monday, April 14, 2014

Let it go ....

Its quite a topical expression at the moment, with the famous song from the movie 'Frozen', but this expression has a deeper significance. To let go of whatever is holding you back and bogging you down. I wanted to make a canvas that I can look at and be reminded to do just that. The canvas is a 5x7".

For the art, I wanted to make a stark comparison between the background and the gold embossed  leaves (NAT-306) and flower (FLW-001), new in the store at Southern Ridge Trading Company. The background is made with acrylic paint and thick gloss gel. I wanted it to shine and hold the texture I put into it.


The leaves, flower and lettering are embossed with a number of embossing powders in layers. Gold, antique copper and aged ivory from Stampendous. The flower centre is an embossed silver metal button, with embossed gold brad centres. Isn't gold 'in' right now ... I love it. You can see the detail and colors here :
Hope you like my canvas, appreciate the sentiment and are encouraged to, if you can, to let it go.
Hugs, Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)