Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pink, black & white ATC

The sponsor of Wicked Wednesday Challenge blog this week is Ppinky Dolls Art. This image is called Mermy, isn't she just gorgeous. I colored her and the background with inktense pencils, and added a sheet of  clear embossed cardstock  with a circle pattern. It was hard to photograph but the X's are staples and meant to be an XOXO type of things, hugs and kisses.
Here is a close up of her, and the wording before I added the layer of embossed clear cardstock. Are you familiar with the Smoke City song 'Underwater Love' ? This is the first thing that came to mind on seeing the image.

I was actually inspired to make a second ATC using this stunning image, this is Unicorn. Same coloring technique as above :

I have an ink jet printer and although printing digital images onto good quality cardstock, (I use Xpress It), is fine for copic coloring, if I want to use a wet medium or colored pencil, the printer ink will smear or bleed. So for this image I covered her in a thin layer of Golden acrylic ground for pastels. It makes a fantastic surface for coloring, and is very durable to a wet medium regardless of the paper used. Also, you can add texture, more clearly seen in the Unicorn atc with the black lines.

Why not pop over to Wicked Wednesday and join the fun :) You can win an image from Ppinky's Doll Art.

There is also a Valentines challenge over at the Ppinkydolls Official Group on facebook, I have entered my sweet girls x

2 comments:

  1. Aw, they are so cute, especially the second one !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely Nikki, ALL your ATCs are gorgeous and absolutely IRRESISTIBLE!! (looks like this is the same word as in French, isn't it?..). Love both, and this is a great idea to use this clear embossed cardscock with bubbles on the first one! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)