Friday, March 20, 2015

Altered Playing Card Challenge Week 20

My first Altered Playing Card features a smaller piece than is available in the  Southern Ridge Trading Company store, its the outer heart from HRT-479
 You make my heart flutter ... I loved that sentiment coupled with the imagery.

The background is painted with acrylic paint and I have doodled around the edge.

I actually further embellished this, adding butterflies in co-ordinating colors to give an ombre effect. Not sure which I prefer, they are both  nice.

What I really like about working with chipboard is the stability and depth of a piece. Here I had stamped and colored my butterfly image, the heart was painted and sanded. Then when it was all glued down I was able to add a thick layer of diamond glaze. It feels so scrumptious. 

The second Altered Playing Card :
The background is acylic paint, the heart is a die cut with origami b&w paper. I loved the sentiment that Claudine used, so I used it too. The dots were added with my black gelli role pen.

The two APC's :
Hope you found some inspiration here, thanks fro stopping by x

3 comments:

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)