Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Altered Playing cards ... week 22

For my dt post at Lost Coast Designs and week 22 of the Altered Playing Card Challenge I have used the 'see no evil' monkey from the three monkeys stamp.  I was inspired to create this in response to some of the terrible images we seem to be constantly exposed to these days.
 My background was made by first gessoing the playing card and then by drawing some chevrons in pen and  using Arlene's tacky glue to draw inside the lines. 
When it was all dry (about 2 days later ! LOL), I painted it with green and brown acrylics, then peeled off some of the glue chevrons to reveal the playing card beneath. I used some film strip transparency and fourth dimension background stamp also by Lost Coast Designs for the ground. The words were typed and printed on my printer. 

Here is a close up of my monkey. He is stamped on white card stock in black versamark, embossed in clear powder and colored with inktense pencils.  I fussy cut him and glued him over my background.

For my second Altered Playing Card I used a free digital image from Smeared Ink, as I played in the Smeared Ink 'Freaky Freebie' March challenge. This image is drawn by Victoria Searcey and is part of a set called Toxic Ballerinas. I colored her with copics.
For my background I used collage glue stick through a stencil onto a gessoed playing card. 
 
I let it dry overnight then I put red and white acrylic paint onto my craft mat, spritzed it with water and ran the card through it. When it was dry I rubbed a green stamp pad over the raised dots and around the edge of the card and clear embossed them. The words are printed from my computer, a quote from the 'Love Actually' movie, the wording seemed to fit as my thoughts for her went to paranoia and self-preservation.

I was laughing when I saw the other entries for this Smeared and Smudged challenge, which were all OMG fantastic, as they all did the arms in flesh tones, whereas for some reason I liked her in sleeves. I think it was the hands that guided me in that direction. They looked like gloves.

Here is a photo of my 2 altered playing cards for week 22 : 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you were inspired to create :) Nikki x

3 comments:

  1. They are both great, Nikki, but my fave must be the pink ballerina in the gas mask! Must be coming round to your weird way of thinking, lol !
    COrrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, Nikki. Love the backgrounds and that your ballerina is different from the others. Heck, different from all others! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love both of your ATCs Nikki, the textures are really fab on these ones! (thanks for all the details, great techniques with glue), and your stamping and colouring is stunning.. Gorgeous!
    By the way, I've just added your blog in my blogs list, I really thought it was already done long ago, but looks like your name was missing sorry. Bises x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)