Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Flip Flop Junkie

I made this cute card for The Sailing Pineapple challenge, My Favourite Things. 

I love the summer, when you can just get up and go, in flip flops and shorts etc. Winter is soooo much more complicated here in Canada ! As the summer comes to an end, thought I'd celebrate the freedom of the flip flop .... LOL
This is a mixed media project, the background is made with gelatos and white embossing for the spots and words. I wanted to give the flip flops an old and worn look, so I messily (is that a word ? LOL) gesso'd them first. When it was dry I colored them with gelatos, and lightly sanded them. You can see the texture of the gesso showing through. I used my inktense pencils to do the blue detailing, and pinched and scrunched up flowers for the fancy toe pieces. Adding glimmer brads. Here is a close up :
Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)