Saturday, October 25, 2014

Altered Playing Card Challenge week 8

This is the loooooove week over at Claudines blog for the altered playing card challenge. LOL

Here are my cards :

The first was made with gelato's, smudged with my finger onto the gesso'd playing card. The hearts were punched from a retired Stampin' Up! heart punch out of red core'dinations card stock. I then embossed them with a swirly embossing folder, sponged the edges lightly in black and sanded away the top of the embosing. The quote is an adaptation of Claudine's. I loved the wording she used : "When there is love there is no darkness". But I wanted to add on that "Believe in love love love" I wrote the text with a Faber Castell Artist pit pen then a little bit of white gel pen highlights, and sponged the edge with black soot distress ink and a little broken china distress ink. I am not a neon pink kinda girl, but this worked out ok. I actually added a layer of distress paint then some white prisma pencil to tone it down.

The second card is much more arty and organic. I smushed (yes, that is a word) the card through aged mahogany distress reinker. Then when it was still wet I watered down acrylic paint in turquoise and yellow and ran it down each end of the card. I loved how it pooled and how the colors interacted with each other. The heart was punched out of white cardstock and smushed (theres that word again - see told you it was real LOL) in an acrylic paint and aged mahogany distress reinker mix. Then I distressed the edge with scissors and lightly sponged it in black. The turquoise circle was die cut and painted. The love is a die cut, in black with white gel pen added. 
I am thoroughly enjoying this challenge, Claudine makes something and then everyone else (think there are 70+ people playing?), makes their own interpretation of what she did, using their own crafting supplies. I love seeing the many different cards each week. Thanks Claudine for starting this off and  'leading' us through this weekly challenge.

Thanks for stopping by, please leave me a comment and follow my blog :)

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic altered cards! I love them both!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second one is my favourite ! Great challenge !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)