Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Altered Playing Card week 10

This weeks theme is outside the box, quirky and whimsical. I think I definitely achieved that ... lol.

My apc's : 
The first is a distress paint background, with a head and partial sentiment from Dylusions stamp sets. The broom handle is from the housewife stamp from Lost Coast Designs. I doodled the lines and embossed with clear powder. It was very interesting to see how the paint reacts on the gesso'd playing cards. Distress paint separates and cracks, other acrylics dont. I am learning so much about the uses and limitations of my stash in this challenge. Enjoying this challenge on so many levels :)
 The second apc used an image transfer for the face, with Paper Artsy chalk acrylic paint. The legs and crown are from a set by Dylusions, copics colored. The wording and bar code are from Stampotique. The ground was made by adding a little blue flocking when the paint was wet, and I edged the apc in black ink.
 Thats my week 10 complete, thanks for visiting xxx

1 comment:

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)