Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Bookworm ATC

The Wicked Wednesday challenge this week is 'Bookworm' or 'Things with Wings'. 
I am an avid reader, so this Bindie image by A&T Emerald Faeries called out for me ..... 
Here is my creation :
Bindie is colored with copics, and I added a layer of wink of stella pen - love that thing ! I wanted to capture the magic of reading, of delving into new and interesting worlds, hence my interesting and magical background. The background is alcohol inks on acetate, which I added a text script to in brown archival ink and mounted onto an embossed sheet of pale blue card stock.

That was a really enjoyable project, I love it when things come together just how you pictured them in your head :)  Thanks for stopping by x


5 comments:

  1. So sweet! Love your background and the proverb is beautiful! It truly is magical! xxD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Donna x I really love how this turned out too, magical is a great word x

      Delete
  2. Really lovely, Nikki. I've just discovered Wink of Stella pens and they are fabulous for adding some sparkle. Great background too, I must use that technique more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is so lovely Nikki!! Love your magical background using alcohol inks on acetage, perfect with the image.. Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and I love the background!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)