Friday, February 20, 2015

Dragon themed projects

I am a keen dragon boater and this year I was tasked with making thank you cards for our coaches, steers etc. I saw this awesome 9x12" stencil from Stencil Girl Products. 

These are the four cards I made. They are all 5x7" and used a variety of techniques and substances :

This one is a stamped background in distress ink, then I used peacock feathers distress ink through the stencil. I then added some white craft ink and outlined the dragon in black :
 This is white molding paste on a black card stock through the stencil. When it was dry I put the stencil back in place and added versamark, then shabby pink Stampendous embossing enamel, which I heat set. Its so glittery and I love the texture.
 The marbled background on this card is created with the shaving foam technique. When it was dry I used the stencil with Wendy Vecchi's translucent embossing paste.
 For this dragon card I painted the background with acrylic paint, then I mixed up some thick gloss medium with acrylic paint. I added some brown distress ink and rubbed away at it a little to give this grunge/distressed look.
And the final project is actually a wooden canvas. This is the team motivational saying from the 2014 season, what our steer's man would say to us just before a race. In other words, bring it girls !
 Here is a close up of the head. I used Lindys Stamp Gang starburst sprays in the background and then with the stencil I used Wendy Vecchi crackled texture paste. I love the texture I created with the pallet knife and all the little cracks. I colored this with wild honey and vintage photo distress stain.
Thanks for stopping by x

3 comments:

  1. They're all brilliant Nikki. I especially love the last one - love this colour combo !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous dragon stencil and projects Nikki, that's very interesting to see the different ways you have used it, everything is very beautiful. Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)