Monday, March 7, 2016

Fish Fingers and Custard anyone ?

I bought one of the fab Dr Who plate from Viva Las Vegas stamps a while ago (#925). I just love it ... I can actually make it fit any occasion ! Here I have used fish fingers and custard.

I decided to make a surprise ATC for a friend, she is a BIG Dr Who fan, and especially of Matt Smith as the Dr. In one of his earlier episodes he ate fish fingers and custard - not to everybody's taste I imagine ... a little bit like art ! 

My ATC : 

The background is made with dylusions sprays and acrylic paint. I die cut the picture frame using a Spellbinders die and painted this with gold lumiere paint. Its very shimmery in real life.

For the fish fingers, I put molding paste onto a piece of card stock with a pallet knife and made the texture bumpy. When it was dry I painted it with acrylic paints, then stamped the image with stazon ink and fussy cut them. Don't they look kinda real ! The bowl was stamped on acetate with stazon ink and fussy cut, the custard is yellow card stock. This was all glued together and added to the ATC. Finally I put micro beads below the bowl for some added dimension, and wrote the words with a gel pen :)

I sure hope my friend likes it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)