Thursday, May 5, 2016

A versatile background

Today I am posting over on the Viva Las VegaStamps blog, with three things I made using the same background, and plate, 1400. This plate is the newest addition to my family and I wanted to try out a few of the stamps. I love green and orange together and this color scheme is apparent on each of the makes here, with the green background and orange rhinestones. 

My makes, an ATC, a tag and a card :


I started this whole process with an inked water colored background. I used water soluble powders, but you could use any water based product. I colorised the whole sheet of water color paper with greens and yellows. Its so pretty isn't it :

I then began stamping and using various portions of the colored background, cutting them down to size. Its a great way to quickly utilise a background you really like, rather than making smaller individual backgrounds :


More info about my three makes : 

The tag uses the funky gal Spikes on head #18507 as the focal point. She is stamped onto the tag directly, and then again onto plain white card stock, colored with copics and  the main head shape fussy cut and glued over top of the stamped image on the tag.  Close up of that :

In the tag background I have also used Measuring Tape #19565 and Mesh Texture # 19569. The words are The Truth is out there #19548


My second make is a card featuring the gorgeous 4" x 4" Sun background #18366, which I paired up with the sentiment Hello Sweetie #19148 :


And finally an ATC, using Steampunk Owl #18508Writing Triangles # 19571 and Texture background #19570. The additional items in this ATC are words typed on my typewriter and die cut branch and cogs. Also I added a layer of diamond glaze/crystal effects to the owls eyes, I like that glassy eyed look :)




Hope you found some inspiration here. Thanks for stopping by.  Nikki x

1 comment:

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)