Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Our house .... postcard

This month I am taking part in a houses postcard trade, and here is my make. Inspired by two things, one of my fave bands, Madness, and art I made in a class with Dyan Reaveley recently : 


The postcard is 4x6" and the background is made in the class with Dyan. I also used the mixed media die to cut out some hexagons.  I have used various techniques with stencils and Dylusions sprays, including ghosting. 

The house is a retired stamp set from Close to My Heart. I stamped it onto a mixed media background I had made and fussy cut it, I cut out the little round window and used a circle punch to cut the windows in the house. I used clear plastic and drew in the panes. 

The door is from the same CTMH set, I stamped it onto yellow card and clear embossed it. Adding a little white detail. The flowers are punched from the same papers as the background with circle punches and glued into place.  I added a little green foliage.

The words are stamped and I also used the little alpha stickers from Ranger.

Its a very bright and cheerful make, I like how it came out :)

Thanks for stopping by x

1 comment:

  1. Love this background! I'm going to be singing this to myself for the rest of the day...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)