Thursday, June 23, 2016

Curly Girl

Vera Lane Studios released a new, awesome and quirky digi set this week, Curly Girl.

I made a card, featuring curly girl :  


Isn't she so happy and adorable skipping along. She looks like she doesn't have a card in the world. And she is passing on some very good advice to us :)

The background is made with magenta and yellow acrylic paint and a brayer. Then I added some purple with my fingers and used a stencil to add some green dots. I doodled around some green dots and added a highlight with my sharpie white acrylic paint pen. 

Curly girl is coloured with copics and gel pen, then fussy cut. The green dots were punches out and glued in. White accents added. I did her eyes the same way. The words were printed, cut to size and glued on. Final touches were to white doodle the edge of the card and add diamond glaze to her eyes.

 I also made an ATC featuring Riley, Curly Girls faithful companion :


Background is water soluble powders with crackle moulding paste through a stencil. I added white splatters and a few dots of pink liquid pearl. The planet was made by punching a circle out of another piece of the background paper. I edged the planet and the ATC with black soot ink. 

Riley was coloured with copics, gel pen and my most recent purchase, some Staedtler neon ink pens. The nib is so fine, I really like them. See Rileys nose ? I added white highlights with a gel pen. I fussy cut Riley, popped him up on the ATC and added diamond glaze to his eyes. The words were printed, cut to size and glued on. 

The actual sentiment is 'The world can be amazing when you're slightly strange' but I figured Riley looked full on, not just slightly strange in pink. LOL. 

Thanks for stopping by x


1 comment:

  1. Nikki, these are so great! Not only did you choose fabulous images, but the techniques you used to augment them are so creative and wonderful. Love these!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)