Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Seek Paradise

I am celebrating all things elephant today. Look at this gorgeous and serene animal, Sitting Elephant from Viva Las VegaStamps!  :

 

The background is kraft cardstock. I added a thin layer of  Golden acrylic ground for pastels onto my craft mat and placed the card stock ontop of it and pulled it up. When its dry it gives a really rough textures, even more so because of how I added the medium. I added a little colour with prisma pencils to the background. I stamped my focal image, Sitting Elephant in black stazon, and coloured him with inktense pencils, gel pen, sharpie paint pen and Faber Castell Artist pitt pens. I drew the stem from his hat and added the punched out flower. I coloured around the elephant with prisma colour pencils. I stamped Fantasy Bird in the background in pink ink and clear embossed it.

There's so much texture in this, here's a close up : 


The final thing was to add the sentiment, Seek Paradise and the bakers twine and heart embellishment.

Thanks for stopping by x

1 comment:

  1. Love this, so much texture and interest and the elephant is adorable xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)