Thursday, June 16, 2016

I'm a Lover not a Fighter

With Fathers Day approaching, at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity we are celebrating males ... and showcasing some of the awesome male images from Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda.


I would like to share my make, a card featuring The Boxer from Lost Coast Designs :

For my card I made the background with a brayer and acrylic paint, black, white and a touch of red. I added water to some red and added splatters in the direction of the boxers fists. I stamped Cityscape across the bottom in grey and black ink, to give a shadowed effect. I trimmed the card and used a strip across the bottom for my boxer to stand on. The boxer is stamped and coloured with alcohol inks, then fussy cut. The words are typed on my typewriter. Then I matted the card front onto a white card base.

The words are from the Ebony and Ivory song that Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney sang ... all those years ago.

I really like this boxer, and I can imagine lots of uses for him in various male cards.

Thanks for stopping by x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)