Sunday, August 17, 2014

Black & White

The title was black & white for the Stampotique atc trade on facebook, and my first thought was black & white tv. And you know when you just have to go with your gut feeling ..... so I did :
I stamped the background onto the Ranger speciality stamping paper after having stamped off a few times and then swiped across with a credit card with black ink on it. I wanted to get that sort of distorted grainy look of the old black & white tv screens. I stamped Minky girl onto the background, coloring her body with grey pen. I stamped her face separately on white and paper pieced it on. The knock knock was stamped with an alphabet set I have, and embossed.

I cut the wooden framed tv from a paper pack and with my craft knife and cut out the centre, the tv screen part. I added a layer of transparency, a couple of brads for the control knobs and popped it up :)

I always decorate the back of my atcs to. I figure that if I spent that long on the front, I may as well do justice to the back : 
Thanks for stopping by, please leave me a comment / some love .... Nikki x

3 comments:

  1. Love the idea of B&W television, but surely you are too young to remember lol.... Love this one, great background, must try that !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Corrie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the retro TV with fake woodgrain panelling. These Stampotique stamps look fab in black and white don't they. I borrowed one from a friend earlier this year and made a brilliant (even if I say so myself) B/W tag for Craft Barn's Q & L challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)