Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pink, black and kraft

The challenge at The Sailing Pineapple Blog was pink, black and kraft. This is a postcard, the image by Lizzy Love/Oddball Arts is 3.25" high. Isn't she gorgeous xxx
She is stamped onto Ranger Speciality Stamping paper and colored with distress inks using cut n' dry nibs. The ground was made by adding Ranger gluestick through a stencil and smushing it around a bit (yes, smushing, a very technical term... lol). Then when I sponged the back ground with my favourite color distress ink, Victorian Velvet. The color adheres to the glued part different, giving a totally awesome ground effect. 

I masked off the image and stamped a word stamp across the background, then cut some bunting/banners and added them, with the wording 'Bookclub Party'. The idea for that wording came from how possessively she is holding onto her book, with all the bunting - must be a party :)

Thanks for stopping by, Nikki x


2 comments:

  1. First time I have heard of smushing glue through a stencil. Interesting ! Lovely effect. I think the stamped image is a bit too cute for me but I like the overall postcard ! Great colouring too !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how tight she is clutching her books in case someone at the party snatches them, he he he!!! I also like your smushing background - something for me to try out.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)