Wednesday, January 20, 2016

"Fly" ATC

I made this ATC for the New Stamp Release Event over at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. It will be going between 18-31 January 2016.

There are so many new Lost Coast Designs Stamps, have you seen them ? These cracked critters are just awesome, go check them out ...

This is Cracked Bird, which comes either as a large individual stamp, or smaller as part of a plate. I have used the smaller bird here, which is on Mini Cracked Critters Set One. I entitled this ATC "Fly" and as you can see, the bird is making a good effort .....


The background was made using my new Nuance powders by Magenta that Lost Coast Designs now sell. They are a water soluable dye ink, and my fave new product ... I cant stop playing with them.

I used a Stencil Girl stencil and molding paste to make the pattern. Look how the ink coloured the molding paste - oooh, liked that. For the background I also used lumiere paints. Look how shimmery the paint is.

The bird was stamped with brown ink and colored with copics, pencils, lumiere paints and white gel pen. I stamped the bird first onto the background and then fussy cut my image and stuck it over the top. That saves cutting out those fiddly feet and feathers.

The fly was stamped with some individual letter stamps.

So, do you think he will make it ? Will those little thin legs take him fast enough to reach great heights ? I am thinking yes ... fly little bird :)

Every day there will be inspiration on the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity and I'm quite certain that these cracked critters will make numerous appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)