Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New Year

I didn't make many Christmas cards this year. I decided instead to do the french tradition (Thanks Coco for the idea) and make New Years cards, and used these adorable Grumpy Penguins from Katzelkraft, aren't they delightful :


The penguins were stamped in black memento ink and their beaks coloured with copics. I then sponged the background with distress inks and used the cloud stamp by Katzelkraft for the ground. What a great snowy/icy ground effect it gives. Final step was to use black marker for the eyes and add glass glitter to the ground. I matted the card front onto white card stock. The 'Happy New Year' sentiment is from Waltzing Mouse Stamps.

As you can see, I made quite a few of these cards :


Thanks for stopping by and Happy New Year.
I hope 2016 is a good one for you xxx

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Nikki - love the penquins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!! I recognize my card tee-hee!!!!
    Wonderful my lovely friend, very happy to have inspired you a bit to do such great 'New Year' and good wishes cards instead of only Christmas ones... (and so happy to have received one from you).
    Big hugs Nikki
    Coco Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)