Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas inspiration

Couple of projects we made at our last card club for 2014 :

This is a simple one layer Christmas card. I love all the detail and work you can add to a card, but often doing this for each Christmas card is just too much work - unless you start making them during springtime for example though - but who does that ? LOL
For this card I die cut a mask (circle and ornament shaped) and then stamped through the diecut. For the example above I used a retired Stampin' Up! wheel - perfect ornament for a Canadian Christmas card I thought, and a vintage stamp. When the ink was dry I applied my versamark through the stencil and then used iridescent ice embossing powder that was heat set. I love the shimmer and the definition it adds to the outline of the ornament : 
This card was inspired by Karen Day, a dt post for the Dynamic Duos blog in 2012. 

For the second project, we made a table decoration using the Bigz petal box die, and old olive cardstock. The tree was stamped in old olive using the ornamental pine stamp set, and punched some holes. The tree was assembled and the embellishments added, branches cut from the Stampin' Up! bird punch. Inside there is a fake candle and the light shines through the holes :) 

1 comment:

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)