Thursday, June 4, 2015

Fave Stampotique Stamp

The Stampotique Designers Challenge is to use your favourite stamp. 
For me that is easy : I LOVE MOLLY.

I remember first 'meeting' Molly, one of the first Stampotique stamps I ever bought.  I was on holiday and found a craft store and excitedly went in.  Isn't it just the best to visit a new store, admire and stroke stuff!
Yes internet shopping is all well and good, but we must support our local stores so we can have this experience ! So anyway, I wander around the store .... la, de, da, de, da .... then I spot her ... our eyes met across the room and I just know that this stamp will be coming home with me ! That's where the affection began and it continues to this day, I use her at every opportunity. I don't know what it is, is it the quirkiness? Her expression? How different and unique she is ??? I just cant put my finger on it. I just know that in the last 16 Stampotique ATC trades I think Molly has been involved in about half, and I am still not bored :)

Here are my most recent Molly makes, my ATC's made for the 'Shiny or Metallic' ATC trade that is going on in the Stampotique Facebook Group :


The background is embossed tin foil, painted with acrylics and sanded down.
Using a hold punch I punched the oval that Molly is peeping through,
Molly is stamped in stazon black ink and colored with inktense pencils, the dots are silver liquid pearls then I embossed her with iridescent ice embossing powder. I don't know if it shows properly in the pic but she positively glows. I matted the atc onto black card stock and the words are typed on my typewriter :)

Thanks for stopping by, hope you can be as fond of Molly as I am :)

7 comments:

  1. She is wonderful. Love your story of how you two met as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although Molly is not one of my favourite stamps (as you know, ;))
    I do really like these ATC's and I think it is fab you decided to play along over at Stampotique !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. I love the background that you gave Molly and know that the card is much shimmier in real life!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Nikki! She is cute & quirky!!! Love the shine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on Molly, she has something doesn't she? And she looks lovely here too. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Nikki :)
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Nikki ♥♥

    Thank you for joining us this week at Stampotique Designers challenge. Gez

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)