Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Scary Fairy Blog Hop

In honor of International Fairy Day 2015, Smeared and Smudged are having a blog hop, entitled 'Scary Fairy'. The Lost Coast Portal to Creativity is taking part in this hop and here is my make : 
I have used a couple of stamps from Carmen's Veranda : Big Eyed Girl and Wings. They are stamped with versamark on velum and embossed with pewter embossing powder and fussy cut. I also stamped the Long Swirl from Lost Coast Designs in the background with versamark. Here is a closer look at her, I colored the back of the velum with markers :

For the background I made my own bead gel with pop beads, then painted it all with acrylic paint. I loved the larger balls and went over them with white Neocolor 2 crayons to highlight them. The white smoky ground is made with my white big brush marker, and the the words typed on my typewriter, edged in the same color acrylic paint.

I don't know if you are a Shakespeare fan, but I am. I have spent many happy hours reading and attending plays. Seeing The Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-Upon-Avon being the highlight. This line is taken from A Midsummer Nights Dream :

"Lord what fools these mortals be !"

Although Shakespeare refers to falling in and out of love, I imagine any fairies would look at us in bewilderment at how we treat our planet and each other.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you will check out the rest of the hop :)
Link is here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)