Monday, February 15, 2016

Eenie Meenie Minie Mo Pocket Letter

So many people have been making these pocket letters, I thought it might be fun to have a go. This is the challenge over at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. If you like to make pocket letters, please come and link up to our challenge and be in the chance of winning a shopping spree at Lost Coast Designs or Carmen's Veranda.

As I see it there are two ways to make a pocket letter, to make 9 individual ATC's, or to make one large picture and cut down to 9 3.5" x 2.5" ATCs. I liked the idea of continuous colour and pattern for this skull themed make.

My pocket letter featuring sugar skulls from Lost Coast Designs


I know sugar skulls are traditionally associated with Day of the Dead, but I liked the idea of using them in the Valentines month and Eenie Meenie Minie Mo - well maybe that's how some of us choose a partner ? LOL. 

The background is neocolor II's, then I used the negative of a die cut and sponged through it in grey ink, like you would a stencil. I stamped some other random things lightly in the background and added modelling paste through a stencil. I sponged the edge with grey ink, then cut my sheet into none 2.5 x 3.5" ATC's. 

The sugar skulls were stamped and embossed and colored with prisma color pencils. I used the three small skulls across the top, and the larger black nose sugar skull for the bottom one. I fussy cut them, die cut my letters and bats, then glued everything together. The bats eyes are glittered.

Close up :


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you found some inspiration here, Nikki x

Lots more inspiration over at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity.

2 comments:

  1. This is the bomb! While I've never heard of pocket letters, I get the gist! And yes, I know a few people who kind of said, "Eenie meenie..." & ended up with mo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pocket letter, Nikki, looks good with the general background but individual skulls.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)