Monday, February 8, 2016

Valentines Day Event

We are having a fabulous Valentines event at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity, there will be lots of inspiration and love sharing with the varied and gorgeous images from Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda

Here is my make :


I had this idea in mind for a while, to use the backside of a wooden canvas for my make :
"The Human Heart'.

Amongst my favourite colors are pink and grey, and in this there is also a hint of blue.  I wanted the main focus of this piece to be the blood red heart, so I kept the other elements subtle and co-ordinating. The skeleton stamp I have used is Winged Skeleton from Carmen's Veranda. Yes I fussy cut it, and sponged it in gray and pink ink. The wings were stamps separately on velum, fussy cut and added for dimension.
Here is a closer look :


To do the background I painted the canvas in pale blue, grey and white acrylic paint. Then I added strips of printed paper to the background and around the edges. I swiped my grey stamp pad across it, then I stamped the Grunge Black Swirl stamp from Carmen's Veranda onto the background in pink and then added clear embossing powder to it all and heat set.  I dripped watered-down grey acrylic paint down the background of the canvas.

I then started work on the border. I stamped the Swirls and Dots border from Lost Coast Designs around the border in grey ink. Then I used a stencil and molding pasts around the edges of the canvas, coloring it with pink ink.  

While everything was drying I stamped the Roses image, which is a stamp by Lost Coast Designs and fussy cut it. I stamped it in gray and sponged in gray and pink distress ink.



The words were added using two alphabets by Lost Coast Designs, Old Typewrite Alphabet SOTA was used for 'The Human' and 'Heart' was done using Licence Plate Alphabet Set. I colored the cardstock with blue acrylic paint, then stamped in grey archival ink. I smudged the ink when  wet and added white splatters and cut them out. I also distressed the edges :


And another pic of the finished canvas. You can see I added pink tissue paper and white cotton thread behind the main elements, it added a more feminine touch.


Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your time here and found some inspiration x

6 comments:

  1. I freaking love this. So many wonderful details! I can't believe that you fussy cut that rose. Wow.

    Totally fabulous. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rose was nothing in comparison to the skeleton ! LOL. Thanks for the lovely comment x

      Delete
  2. How smart to use the back of a canvas! I love that winged skeleton-- love the way you added the vellum for dimension, you artistic genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWIE WOWIE! This is just incredible, Nikki! I love all of your fussy cutting and your use of the Alphabet stamps! AMAZING!! Just a lovely Valentine's project!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)