Thursday, February 25, 2016

Swaddled babe ATC

Vera Lane Studios has such a cute new baby set, called Swaddle them

I have made an ATC, using one of the babes and words from the set, and also I have paper pieced the blanket around the baby using the pile of hearts from Lil Love, this was coloured with copics and details added with a sharpie white paint pen :


Non traditional baby colours here. I wanted the blanket to be blue and I enjoy the contrast of orange and blue, so here we are ! LOL

The background is painted with acrylic paint, using a brayer, with orange and white. When the top layer of paint was still wet I put some bubble wrap on it to pick up some of the paint. It gives the background a but more interest and depth. I tore the edges matted it onto a piece of white cardstock that I had coloured with the same blue as the blanket. 

The hearts are punched out and coloured, the words printed and cut up, to be placed around babe. 

It is true : The smallest things take the most room in your heart X

Thanks for stopping by x

1 comment:

  1. This makes me smile. I love the contrast between the blue and orange and all those tiny hearts. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love, your comments make my day :)